looking for things to do?
Check out all the awesome things to do around Northpoint LA. We understand that while your studies are important to you, it can be nice to take a break now and then and do something fun. Here's a page we've compiled of activities we think you might enjoy.
Check out this calendar to keep up on academic deadlines and to find out when different events and opportunities will be available on campus.
a day in the life
We're so excited for you to come to Northpoint LA and fulfill God's amazing call on your life for ministry! You might now be wondering, "What's that going to look like?" Well lucky for you, we've got a typical day of a Northpoint LA undergrad student outlined below, check it out. (Note: Classes are Mondays and Tuesdays, with four courses the first semester and five the second).
- 9:00 am: Old Testament History and Literature. In this course you'll learn about main events and persons, and important theological themes in the history of ancient Israel from an expert in the field who received his doctorate in Bible and Theology.
- 11:30 am: Chapel. Here you'll have time to engage in worship and be challenged by a biblical message from our campus pastor, Don Sanderson.
- 1:00 pm: Lunch. You'll have the chance to purchase a meal on campus to refuel for the day and hang out with your fellow classmates.
- 2:00 pm: English Composition I. Though it is a general education class, it is here where you will gain the skills to communicate effectively what you have been learning in your other courses.
- 4:30 pm: End of Day.
- 9:00 am: Preparing for Academic Success. It is here where you gain the skills necessary to succeed for this semester and your entire career at Northpoint LA. Class ends at
- 11:30 am: Lunch.
- 1:00 pm: Spiritual and Character Formation. This course is a field lab in hearing and responding to the voice of God.
- 3:30 pm: End of Day.
And that is it for the first semester. If you're coming from a long distance you'll be able to stay with one of the families at Grace Community Sunday and Monday nights, and be free to go back home after class is over at 3:30 pm on Tuesday. The semester starts in August and concludes in December. By January you are back for your second semester which follows a similar pattern as the first, with a fifth class starting at 3:45 pm on Tuesday.